is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Canada is an important trade and investment destination for international companies of all sizes and across a wide spectrum of sectors. Additionally, Canada is one of the world’s richest and most developed countries, ranking among the top ten industrial powers.
Economic Strength in Business and Population Diversity
• Greater Toronto Area (GTA) has a population of 6.34 M
• The City is the 4th largest in North America
• Toronto contributes to Canada’s annual GDP with a $332 B economy in 2018
• 2019 Toronto GTA construction is forecasted at $39 B
• 21,400 construction projects forecasted in 2019 including high rise residential
• GTA is the preferred location for several leading nationaland international architectural, engineering, buildingcompanies and manufacturers
• Canada is ideally situated geographically and economically with the proximity of the US market
• Canada is competitive with G7 and G20 countries.
The demand trend for stone, ceramic and tile has increased over the past twenty years in Canada. The consumption of stone is projected to grow with the increase in the amount of product used and integrated into commercial and residential projects despite the increase in raw materials costs. Ceramic and tile is also gaining popularity with the increase in radiant floor heating applications. In Canada, the tile and ceramic demands are not met by the North American suppliers therefore the shortfall will be supplied by manufacturers in Italy, China, Turkey, Spain and other markets.